The Nova 7466K portable engine exhaust gas analyzer can measure Oxygen (O2), Carbon Monoxide (CO), Carbon Dioxide (CO2), Nitrogen Oxide (NO), Nitrogen Dioxide (NO2), and Hydrocarbons (HC’s).
This model can do PPM CO measurement. It is worth noting that engine exhaust analyzers traditionally measure CO by infrared detector in a range of 0-10.00%. This range is most relevant to tuning older engines that that have normally high CO output. However, many modern engines have CO output in the ppm range. Low CO ppm levels may not even be visible to a detector that is optimized for percent levels.
Therefore, the capability of Nova engine exhaust analyzers to measure 0-10,000ppm CO is frequently an attractive feature. This capability is even more relevant if the user is researching the small effects of fuel additives, engine modifications, and other mechanical / chemical inputs to already efficient engine designs. For this reason, many universities, schools, governmental departments, and engine labs express interest in the Nova 7460 Series.
For checking engine exhaust emissions for diesel, gasoline, propane, or natural gas powered 2 and 4 cycle engines. Analysis of carbon monoxide (CO), hydrocarbons (HC’s), carbon dioxide (CO2), oxygen (O2), oxides of nitrogen (NOx), nitric oxide (NO), and nitrogen dioxide (NO2).
- Rugged design, easy to operate and maintain
- Fast warm up and accurate response
- Large digital readouts with backlight for each gas
- Solid state infrared detectors for CO, CO2, and HC's
- Electrochemical sensors for O2, ppmCO, NO, NO2
- Rechargeable battery operation (recharge from vehicle or from AC adapter)
- Provided with sample filter, and flexible sample probe with 12 ft. of hose, built-in sample pump and automatic condensate removal
- Meets Bar 97 and ISO 3930/OIML R99, Class O specifications
- Analog 4-20 mA outputs with detachable data-logger; data uploadable to PC with included software
- Built-in printer, with remote print button
- PPM CO in place of % CO measurements for recent design engines with lower emissions
- Zero on air / Span on analyzed calibration gases
The Model 7466K Portable Analyzer is designed for the simultaneous measurement of gases typically found in the exhaust from internal combustion engines. CO, CO2, and HC's are detected by a dual-wavelength infra red detector. The O2 and NOx (as NO & NO2) are detected by customer-replaceable electrochemical sensors. The % CO channel may be substituted with an optional low range ppmCO channel which is also measured by electrochemical sensor.
All detector outputs are displayed on large separate front panel digital meters. Optional built-in printer, 4-20mA recorder outputs with datalogger and software are also available.
The 7466K comes complete with built-in sampling pump, flow meter, automatic condensate removal, internal filters, PTFE liquid blocker, 12 ft. (4m) sampling hose, and stainless steel tail-pipe probe. Also included are a 12V automobile-style power plug, standard wall plug recharger, plus remote printer actuator button for