Built on Durability
The ALTAIR 4X Multigas Detector for LEL, CO, H2S and O2 is as tough and functional as it looks. A rugged housing
provides unsurpassed durability, including the ability to survive a 20-foot drop. And with large, glove-friendly
buttons and a high-contrast display, the ALTAIR 4X Multigas Detector is easy to operate in any work
environment, even low-light conditions.
Powered by Performance
Toughness and durability aren’t the whole story. The real strength of the ALTAIR 4X Multigas Detector comes from new sensor
technology. MSA XCell Sensors have a typical life of more than four years, double the industry average, and are engineered
using MSA’s proprietary application-specific integrated circuit (ASIC) design. By miniaturizing the sensors’ controlling
electronics and placing them inside the sensor itself, MSA XCell Sensors offer superior stability, accuracy and repeatability.
MSA XCell Sensors are a breakthrough in chemical and mechanical sensor design, enabling faster response and span calibration
times. With less time spent on calibration and bump tests, you save calibration gas, maintenance costs and, in turn, save money.
But most importantly, in your industry, saving seconds on response time can also mean saving lives.
Count on the ALTAIR 4X Detector
Exclusive safety features like MotionAlertTM and InstantAlertTM make the ALTAIR 4X Multigas Detector ideal for applications like
confined space entry. The MotionAlert sensor activates when a user becomes disabled and motionless, quickly alerting others
to the disabled user’s location. And with a simple push of a button, the InstantAlert feature enables users to manually alert
others to potentially hazardous situations.
The ALTAIR 4X Multigas Detector outlasts the competition. To prove it, the instrument comes with a full three-year warranty,
an entire year longer than the industry average, so you can depend on the ALTAIR 4X Multigas Detector to withstand the
wear and tear that other portable gas detectors can’t.
- MSA Link Software-ready
- Rugged stainless steel clip
- MotionAlert sensor signals “man down”
- Ultra-bright LEDs on unit’s top and bottom
- InstantAlert feature allows users to manually alert others to a dangerous situation
- MSA XCell Sensors with protected sensor inlet
- Large buttons for easy operation
- 95+ dB alarm
- End-of-sensor-life warning
- 24-hour battery run time
- Large, high-contrast liquid crystal display
- Easy bump-check mode with 24-hour checkmark indicator
- Durable, rubberized housing for secure grip
- Oil, gas and petrochemical
- Confined spaces
- Fire service
- Utilities and telecommunications
- Municipal works, waste water