The Notifier FAPT-851(A) Acclimate® PlusTM detector is an
intelligent, addressable, multi-sensing, low-profile detector
designed for use with Notifier Notifier Onyx and CLIP series
Fire Alarm Control Panels (FACPs).
The Acclimate Plus detector uses a combination of photoelectric and thermal sensing technologies to increase immunity to
false alarms. Unlike traditional intelligent detectors, the Acclimate Plus detector has a microprocessor in the detector head
that processes alarm data. As a result, the Acclimate Plus
detector adjusts its sensitivity automatically, without operator
intervention or control panel programming.
Areas where the Acclimate Plus detector is especially useful
include office complexes, schools, college campuses, manufacturing and industrial facilities, and anywhere else the use of
a particular area may change. The Acclimate Plus detector
automatically adjusts its sensitivity to the environment.
FlashScan® (U.S. Patent 5,539,389) is a communication protocol developed to greatly enhance the speed of communication between analog intelligent devices and compatible
systems. Intelligent devices communicate in a grouped fashion. If one of the devices within the group has new information,
the panel’s CPU stops the group poll and concentrates on single points. The net effect is response speed greater than five
times that of earlier designs.
- Automatically adjusts sensitivity levels without operator
intervention or programming. Sensitivity increases with
- Microprocessor-based, combination photo and thermal
- Compatible with all Notifier Onyx and CLIP series Fire
Alarm Control Panels (FACPs).
- Addressable-analog communication.
- Sleek, low-profile design.
- Two-wire SLC connection.
- Rotary, decimal addressing (1-99 on CLIP systems, 1-159
on FlashScan systems).
- Addresses can be viewed and changed without electronic
- Dual bi-color LED design provides 360° viewing angle.
- LEDs lock red when in alarm. In FlashScan, LEDs flash
green in standby for normal condition.
- Built-in tamper-resistant feature.
- Constructed of off-white fire-resistant plastic, designed to
commercial standards, and offers an attractive appearance.
- SEMS screws for wiring of the separate base.
- Several base options, including relay, isolator, and sounder.
- Built-in functional test switch activated by external magnet.
- Listed to UL 268.
- Capable of heat-only alarm mode, enabled by a special
command from the panel. Smoke alarms are ignored.
- Low-temperature signal at 45°F +/
10°F (7.22°C +/–
- 4.0" (10.16 cm) square box.
- 3.5" (8.89 cm) or 4.0" (10.16 cm) octagonal box.
- Single-gang box (except relay or isolator base).
NOTE: The FAPT-851(A) detector has the unique ability to adjust
sensitivity according to the environment, based on heat and
smoke levels. Avoid installing these detectors in locations that are
susceptible to rapid and high temperature changes. An example of
an incorrect application would be near or in line with the output of a
The FAPT-851(A) plug-in detector uses a separate base to
simplify installation, service, and maintenance. A special tool
allows maintenance personnel to plug-in and remove detec-
tors without using a ladder. Suitable mounting base boxes
Agency Listings and Approvals
These listings and approvals apply to the modules specified in
this. In some cases, certain modules or applications may not
be listed by certain approval agencies, or listing may be in pro-
cess. Consult factory for latest listing status.
- UL Listed: S1115.
- ULC Listed: S1115.
- MEA Listed: 225-02-E.
- FM Approved.
- CSFM: 7272-0028:0206.
- U.S. Coast Guard: 161.002/42/1 (NFS-640); 161.002/50/0
(NFS2-640/NFS-320/NFS-320C, excluding B210LP(A)).
- Lloyd’s Register: 11/600013 (NFS2-640, NFS-320/NFS-
320C, excluding B210LP(A)).
- Maryland State Fire Marshal: Permit # 2122.
F110: Retrofit flange to convert B210LP to match the B710LP
profile, or to convert older high-profile bases to low-profile.
F210: Replacement flange for B210LP(A) base.
RA100Z(A): Remote LED annunciator. 3
32 VDC. Fits U.S.
single-gang electrical box. Supported by B210LP(A) and
B501(A) bases only.
SMB600: Surface mounting kit for use with B210LP(A).
M02-04-00: Test magnet.
M02-09-00: Test magnet with telescoping handle.
XR2B: Detector removal tool. Allows installation and/or
removal of FlashScan® Series detector heads from base in
high ceiling installations.
T55-127-010: Detector removal tool without pole.
XP-4: Extension pole for XR2B. Comes in three 5-foot (1.524