The ONYX® Series ACS Annunciators provide a modular line
of products for annunciation and control of the NOTIFIER
ONYX® Series Intelligent Fire Alarm Control Panels, Network
Control Annunciators, and NOTIFIER’s legacy addressable
panels. The ACS line provides arrays of LEDs to indicate point
status and, in some versions, switches to control the state of
output circuits. These ACS units use a serial interface and may
be located at distances of up to 6,000 feet (1,828.8 meters)
from the panel.
- Speaker control mode for use with XPIQ and the following panels: NFS2-3030, NFS2-640, NFS-320(C) and NFS-320SYS. Enables the ACS to control operation of groups of multi-channels mapped to groups of multi-speakers.
- Compatible with existing annunciators.
- Color-programmable LEDs.
- On-board end-of-line resistors can be enabled/disabled by setting a switch.
- Alarm/Circuit On and Trouble LED per-point option or more dense Alarm-only option.
- Touch-pad control switch option for remote control of system relays; or silence, reset, and evacuate.
- LEDs may be programmed to display status of indicating circuits or control relays as well as system status conditions.
- System Trouble LED indicator.
- On-Line/Power LED indicator.
- Alarm and trouble resound with flash of new conditions.
- Local sounder for both alarm and trouble conditions with silence/acknowledge button (program options).
- May be powered by 24 VDC from the panel or by remote power supplies.
- Microprocessor-controlled electronics, fully supervised.
- Slip-in custom labels, lettered with standard typewriter or LabelEase program.
- Plug-in terminal blocks for ease of installation and service.
The ACS modules are provided in two basic controller modules, each with its expander module. The ACM-24AT provides
24 annunciation and control points per module, each with a
red, green, or yellow Alarm/Circuit On LED, a yellow Trouble
LED, and a touch-key switch. The ACM-48A provides 48
annunciation points per module, each with a red, green, or yellow Alarm/Circuit On LED (for annunciating control relays, the
LED indicates ON/OFF).
On the ACM-24AT, each LED point is individually color-programmable. On ACM-48A, each column of 24 LED points can
be color-configured using a DIP switch.
Temperature and humidity ranges: This system meets
NFPA requirements for operation at 0°C to 49°C (32°F to
120°F); and at a relative humidity (noncondensing) of 85% at
30°C (86°F) per NFPA, and 93% ± 2% at 32°C ± 2°C (89.6°F ±
1.1°F) per ULC. However, the useful life of the system’s
standby batteries and the electronic components may be
adversely affected by extreme temperature ranges and humidity. Therefore, it is recommended that this system and all
peripherals be installed in an environment with a nominal room
temperature of 15°C to 27°C (60°F to 80°F).
The ACS Series annunciator and control subsystems use
modular hardware assemblies which allow the custom configuration of the annunciator panel to fit the individual job requirements.
Standard backboxes and mounting hardware schemes, including special remote cabinets, allow the annunciators to be constructed and configured with other system components.
When used with the NFS2-3030, NFS2-640, NFS-320 or legacy panels, the ACS modules can be used for manual selection of speaker and telephone circuits. In this application, they
are typically mounted in the main control near the microphone
and telephone handset.
For remote annunciation applications, the modules are typically mounted in special ABF or ABS boxes. Control switch key
locks (AKS-1B) are available.
Communication between the ACS Series annunciators and the
host Fire Alarm Control Panel is made through an EIA-485
multi-drop loop, eliminating the need for costly wiring
schemes. Four wires are required, two for the EIA-485 communications (twisted pair), and two for 24 VDC regulated
Retrofit of ACS Series annunciators into existing systems is
easily accomplished. Software may require upgrading, and
some legacy panels may require an interface board.
All field-wiring terminations use removable, compression-type
terminal blocks for ease of installation, wiring, and circuit testing.
The ACS Series annunciator and control system provides the
NOTIFIER system with up to 32 remote serially connected
annunciators, each with a capacity of 96 points, for a total
capacity of 3072 points (subject to the capability of the FACP).
The NFS2-3030 and NCA-2 are capable of using the full 96
Local or remote power supplies and serial communications
allow the ACS to be located virtually anywhere in the protected
On NFS-320, NFS2-640, NFS2-3030, NCA-2 and the legacy
panels, system alarm and/or trouble conditions may be annunciated on a per-point basis, or in a grouped or zone configuration.
Control of system operational controls, such as Signal Silence,
System Reset, and local annunciation controls (such as Local
Acknowledge and Lamp Test) may be accomplished through
the module’s rubber keypad.
The Annunciator Control Module-24AT contains 24 color-programmable (red/green/yellow)
Active and 24 yellow Trouble LEDs, 24 momentary touch-pad
switches, a System Trouble LED, an On-Line/Power LED, and
a local piezo sounder with a silence/acknowledge switch for
audible indication of alarm and trouble conditions. Includes
instructions. 8.375" (21.27 cm) high; 4.375" (11.11 cm) wide.
Agency Listings and Approvals
The listings and approvals below apply to the ACM/AEM-24AT
and the ACM/AEM-48A. In some cases, certain modules or
applications may not be listed by certain approval agencies, or
listing may be in process. Consult factory for latest listing sta-
- UL: S635
- ULC: S527-11
- FDNY: COA #6212 (NFS2-640), COA #6211 (NFS2-3030)
- CSFM: 7120-0028:0156, 7165-0028:0243, 7165-0028:0224
- FM approved