Many power generating plants use hydrogen (H2) gas to cool the electrical windings inside of turbine power generators because of its high thermal-conductivity value.
Continuous hydrogen analyzers are permanently mounted on/near each generator set. However, it is also desirable to have portable tri-gas analyzers as a back-up, especially during shut-down procedures.
The Nova 380 Series is a portable tri-gas analyzer suitable for hydrogen purity and purge monitoring. It is used world-wide by many power generation companies and facilities. It has built-in switch-selectable digital display, sample pump, regulator, flow control assembly, liquid block, filter and flow meter.
For checking purity of hydrogen (H2) in H2 -cooled generators and synchronous converters. The Model 380 Series will also monitor the safe purging of H2 during shutdown or startup.
- Rugged design that is easy to operate
- Fast warm up and response
- Monitors 0-100% H2 in air, 0-100% H2 in CO2, 0-100% Air in CO2
- Rugged long-life thermal conductivity cell
- Digital readout meter with backlight
- Rechargable battery operation
- Modular layout that is easy to maintain
- Built-in flow meter, flow control valve, and pump
- Built-in pressure regulator prevents over pressuring of pump and sensor
- Suitcase cabinet has carry handle and is weatherproof when closed
- Sample pressure ranges 0.5 PSI to 125 PSI
The Nova 380 Series Tri-Gas Analyzer is designed for monitoring the H 2 purity inside a power generator and to monitor the purging procedure during a generator shutdown or startup.
The analyzer contains a temperature compensated thermal conductivity (T/C) cell, amplifier board, digital read-out, range switch, pressure regulator, gas flow control valve, pump and a flow indicator. A recorder output is
The T/C cell does not burn the sample nor is it consumed in any way, so it has a life expectancy of over 10 years. Measurement results are fast and accurate. A rechargeable 'gel cell' battery provides enough power for about 8 hours of continuous operation and the analyzer can be used while it is being recharged.